Standing up for children
Article Selections and Questions:
I selected Standing Up for Children.
Edelman, M. (2004). Standing Up for Children. The Impossible Will Take a Little While: A Citizens Guide To Hope In A Time Of Fear. Basic Books: New York. Pp.37-46.
* My reaction paper is based off of the article above but I also need to use outside sources as stated in the directions to help answer the questions.
-Article Selections and Questions:
– Discuss the overall reaction to the article, where did the authors influences comes from (social movements, religion, politics)?-discuss each influence
– The author makes several suggestions to “render the priorities in America”-all italicized. Select 2-3 and elaborate, stating specifically how you would make these suggestions a reality in today’s world.
– -What does the author mean when she states “make our nation and world fit for our children and grandchildren is a task for marathoners, not sprinters”? In what ways do you feel social workers work to be marathoners?
– Whose responsibility is it to stand up for children? Be specific and state how these professionals/personal connections in the child’s life should do so.