In your class this semester you have read a number of texts and viewed a variety of video presentations that pertain to the labor market and what you can do to enhance your employment opportunities within it. In this project, which we are calling the Public Discourse Project, you are being asked to transmit what you have learned to an audience of your peers, that is, fellow students who are taking their first steps toward choosing their academic majors.
Using the texts and media you have read or viewed this semester, you are to complete these two tasks:
1. Write a script for a ten-minute PowerPoint presentation you would give to a group of SDSU freshman who are interested in choosing the major you have selected and are interested in developing their skills, knowledge, and experience in this field to enhance their future employability. Your script should be single-spaced and tied to the text you include on the slides in your presentation.
2. Create a ten-minute PowerPoint presentation(consisting of eight to ten slides) in which you highlight the points you have listed in your script.
3. Submit your script and PowerPoint presentation to the submission link at the bottom of the Project 4 folder.
1. For the script, write out the words you would say in your presentation. Topics you should include are the labor market projections for your career field, the skills, knowledge, and experience graduates should have in your career field in order to be competitive when seeking employment, and how prospective students can enhance their identity capital (see the articles and videos I have placed in a folder called â€œSupplementary Articles and Videosâ€ in the Project 2 folder.
In addition to these resources, you may also use the readings for the rhetorical analysis project (in our course reader) and the supplementary readings you examined for your Project 1 reflection, which I have placed in a folder called â€œAdditional Career-Related Readings.â€ You do not need to use all of the resources I have mentioned, but you should demonstrate that you have consulted a variety of them.
2. Create a PowerPoint presentation consisting of eight to ten slides based on the script you wrote for the first part of this project. Be sure to follow the media design guidelines I have included in the Project 4 folder (see the document called â€œDocument Design Principlesâ€).
Key 305W Outcomes Met with This Assignment
- Analyze the details of a wide variety of writing situations (textual elements such as tone, evidence, organizational patterns, diction, even visuals) according to the authorâ€s purpose as well as the audienceâ€s needs and tastes
- Respond effectively in writing to issues and arguments raised in a variety of disciplinary, popular, and professional texts and/or contexts
- Actively read texts using a variety of reading strategies such as annotation, visual organizers, questioning, and discussion
- Identify how a writer uses rhetorical strategies in various genres of writing
- Interpret, analyze, and evaluate demanding texts
- Develop flexible strategies for creating, revising, and editing texts
- Critique their own and othersâ€ texts
- Write with an awareness of audience and purpose
- Identify how discourse communities employ particular strategies for conveying, researching, evaluating, and presenting information
- Analyze and choose the appropriate conventions for a range of audience expectations
- Integrate a variety of appropriate sources into their writings in a way that accurately reflects the writerâ€s meaning and purpose
- Sustain reasonable correctness in grammar and mechanics to perform well in a variety of writing contexts and professional settings
- Respect the diverse points of view that characterize our multi-cultural classroom community
- Critically analyze a variety of texts produced for public and individual readers
–> My major is Biology and I want to be a dentist, I will attach for you my Labor Market report.
Four Basic Design Principles
Avoid elements on the page that are merely similar. If the elements (type, color, size, line thickness, shape, space, etc.) are not the same, then make them very different. Contrast is often the most important visual attraction on a pageâ€”itâ€s what makes a reader look at the page in the first place.
Repeat visual elements of the design throughout the piece. You can repeat colors, shapes, textures, spatial relationships, line thicknesses, fonts, sizes, graphic concepts, etc. This develops the organization and strengthens the unity.
Nothing should be placed on the page arbitrarily. Every element should have some visual connection with another element on the page. This creates a clean, sophisticated, fresh look.
Items relating to each other should be grouped close together. When several items are in close proximity to each other, they become one visual unit rather than several separate units. This helps organize information, reduces clutter, and gives the reader a clear structure.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post public disclosure project appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.