· Read Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 of Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach and analyze the Hierarchy of Informatics Diagram in Chapter 35 of your text (Figure 35.6).
· Read the article What Informatics Is and Isn’t (Links to an external site.).
You will be responding to the following discussion question based on your Ashford University major of study (e.g., Health Information Management, Nursing, Health Administration, Health and Human Services, or Public Health).
Read the following scenario:
· Cherry Health System (CHS) consists of a general hospital, a women’s hospital, 20 doctor practices comprised of doctors who work for CHS, and an ambulatory surgery center. The leadership of this facility has decided they would like to take the existing paper-based consumer education pamphlets on tobacco education and deploy them to the ambulatory population of CHS who visit the doctor offices and surgery center. They would like to use the informatics tools, principles, and content available through gov (Links to an external site.) as a basis for this education. In order to identify patients who can benefit from this informatics solution, they asked administrators in the physician offices and the surgery center to print a report of patients who currently use tobacco from the CHS electronic health record (EHR). As a professional in your field of study, you have been asked to provide input into the design of this informatics solution.
Based on the above scenario:
· Provide a rationale as to where in the Hierarchy of Informatics (Chapter 35, page Figure 35.6, page 608) the CHS tobacco informatics solution would be categorized.
· Based on your major of study and the patient education informatics tools available from Health finder.gov (Links to an external site.), discuss three informatics functions that your design for the tobacco education solution would include.
· Identify at least two program evaluation methods (found in Chapter 4 of the course textbook) that you would recommend to CHS leadership to evaluate the effectiveness of the tobacco education informatics solution.
Initial Post: Your initial post should be a minimum of 350 words. Utilize a minimum of three unique credible, or scholarly sources (excluding the textbook or other course provided resources) cited in APA format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) resource. Keep in mind that scholarly sources include peer reviewed articles and non-commercial websites. Review the Library’s Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) tip sheet for more information about sources. Multiple pages from the same scholarly website will be counted as one scholarly source.