2. Issue Brief (100 points) Due Week Five
As a member of the Executive Team for an organization serving vulnerable children, you have been tasked to prepare a report summarizing the development of a program to support these children. Your task as an experienced manager hoping to convince others to address the problem is to prepare an Issue Brief that:
- presents facts on the nature of this problem, (incidence, prevalence, special needs of this population)
- identifies the individual, familial and community risks that have contributed to the problem,
- discusses relevant policy initiatives or laws around the problem,
- explores why it makes sense (and cents) for the community to support this population and fund programs to support the problem,
- notes other systems that may also be serving these children,
- identifies the protective factors that may be lacking in the families of these children,
- summarize at least three program models or evidence-based interventions to improve the outcomes for these specific children and families in the child welfare system,
- presents resources already available to address the issue and support the population, and
- discuss ways that the problem could have been prevented from affecting children altogether.
The brief should be between 3-5 pages in length (not including title or reference page); single spaced with one inch margins using a10-12 point sized font. It is to be presented in a format that clearly outlines content marked with headings for the following sections:
- Nature of the Problem
- Risk Factors
- Policy Implications
- Case for Support
- Collaborating Systems
- Protective Factors
- Program Models
- Current Resources Available
- Reference page for Issue Brief: (Use APA guidelines for preparing your bibliography.) Minimum 1 reference per content page.
The post Human Trafficking first appeared on Blackboard Masters.