Assignment 2: Persuasive Memo
Due Week 6, Sunday (Weight: 25%)
As a leader, there will be times when you will need to convince your audience about your point of view, whether
you are selling a product or relaying information. Knowing how to convince people of your perspective is a
valuable skill. In order to do this effectively, you must learn the art of persuasion and communication.
For this assignment, you will apply key concepts from Week 5 to write a persuasive Memo. Choose ONE of the
below scenarios that you feel passionate about. Think about how you will convince your executive leadership
team to buy into your point-of-view on your chosen topic.
1. The office dress code at your company is strictly business attire and the employees feel that
business casual is more appropriate for your company culture. You’ve been designated as the
spokesperson to approach the executive leadership team about this proposed change. How will you
persuade them to buy-in to your recommendation?
2. Your boss discourages remote working although it is allowed in other departments, which is starting
to impact the morale of your team. How will you persuade him that increased flexibility will be
beneficial to the productivity of the team?
3. There is an opening on the leadership team at your company. There are several internal and
external candidates applying for this job besides you. How will you persuade your boss that you are
the best candidate?
• Review your Week 5 readings
• Create a 2 to 3 page Memo, addressed to the executive leadership team or to your boss, depending
on the scenario that you chose.
• Use the Outline below to structure your Memo:
1. Write a “Hook” to get your audience’s attention (1-2 paragraphs)
2. Tell the story/create a connection (1-2 paragraphs)
3. Identify the benefits of your point-of-view (1-2 paragraphs)
4. Back it up with facts and data (1-2 paragraphs)
5. The Ask: State clearly what you are asking for (1-2 paragraphs)
6. Closing: Describe the proposed next steps (1-2 paragraphs)
The post Create a 2 to 3 page Memo, addressed to the executive leadership team or to your boss, depending on the scenario that you chose. appeared first on Homework Handlers.